Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Want to know more? Click here.
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
Oh, this is going to be difficult. The closest “beach” is the fake one at the lake and I rarely go there.lol But I’ll give it shot and imagine myself laying out in the sun, toenails painted, sunglasses on and a well-loved paperback in my hand as my sister threatens to throw wet sand at me if I don’t put the stupid book down and get in the water.lol And here is my top ten—
1) Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series: I just love these books. They’re easy, fun reads and you can imagine you’re a child of Poseidon controlling the waters.
2) Stephanie Plum novels: These books will just make you laugh. Like the Olympian series they aren’t long and they’re just fun. No complex plot to follow just pure entertainment.
3) Pride and Prejudice: So, you may not think that a classic would make for a good beach read but I actually took it with me last time I went to the lake. Kicking back on the “beach” (or what passes as one) amidst all that beauty and reading the wittiness that is Austen was simply amazing.
4) Any Once Upon a Time Book: Fairy-tales, need I say more.
5) Blood and Chocolate: Don’t know why I chose this one… okay, I choose it for Gabriel. He’s just so hot =D
6) Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland: Pure nonsense = Awesomeness!
7) Harry Potter Series: I know this should probably be higher on my list but the books are more serious (at least the later ones) and I don’t want to end up crying at the beach.lol
8) The Hobbit: Like P&P the language in this is just beautiful and it’s not a hard read like LOTR. And poor Bilbo had the adventure he never wanted.
9) A Christmas Carol: I’m just a sucker for this book, especially the opening paragraphs. And it involves Christmas! You can enjoy Christmas in the summer right?
10) Fearless FBI: Kill Game: The first book in the Fearless FBI series. I love Gaia’s character and the rivalry between her and Will is fun to watch.